Powered by FeedBurner

Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 14

Happy Birthday to Kobayashi Mao, Amerie, Rob Zombie and Me!

Yes, it's silly, but I like my birthdate just the way it is. It's January 12th, by the way.

Nothing much happened on that day, by the way. No, nothing much at all. Though, the chocolate cake I baked turned into a cookie, and all the cheese over the pizza I baked had turned into a delicious-looking black. The Gundam Red Astray I bought myself about a week ago was considered birthday present enough (pics of it soon, I'm in school right now). I'm still expecting my first order of sangokushi taisen 2 cards from Japan (which I forked out a hefty $160 for), that'll be belated. I didn't go out or do anything, as I still needed to do the housework. I got a bit of free time to play Star Wars: Empire at War and Grenado Espada. I took the day off and didn't do any homework (which meant having to spend 12pm to 6pm on Sunday glued to my desk. Seriously, it's that much. JC's like that, I guess).

Now, compare my situation to those from other more significant bloggers out there. Darkmirage sure had a lot to say about his 2007 birthday, didn't he? No, I'm not jealous, I'm just making comparisons. I'm not your typical anime blogger who's got loads to spend on PVC figures (my Gundam costs only $34-something and it's hardly considered Revoltech material) and other related Akiba-ken items or spend a week in Japan, or who's got a proficient knowledge of Japanese, so he can rant (or boast) about the JPLTs he can take. I'm just your normal insignificant Singaporean Japan-lover who's trying to carve a niche for himself in the whatever industry you call this, in a slightly different way than others. For dislike of being called an Otaku I don't do things to the level other Akiba-ken people do, like buy 1/8 figurines, import doujinshi, embellish blogs and stuff (I've given up on AnimeBlogger for now, those sloths), and I don't plan to change that any time soon. What I do plan is to be different, to be special, to be unique. You may not see anything now, but I can assure you, sooner or later you will. That I can promise. That is all.

And no, I didn't blow any candles this year either.

I apologize if you don't like rants. I'll have to compensate for that.

Remember, Gundam pix! >_<

And I'll just add in one pix here too, since I haven't done so in a pretty long time now.


Teh pwnage.

4 opinions:

Anonymous said...

Konichi wa AK :o)

First of all, SORRY, this will not be a post to any of your articles. I tried to e-mail you, but then I was asked to give my netpassport, or something, which I don't have, so I saw no other way to contact you! SORRY!
My name is Dirk, and I am a psychology student studying in Belgium, Europe. I am in my last year and I have to do a research to get my degree. I am asking myself how the look we people bring upon Japanese animation changes depending on the culture we live in. So, I want to compare different populations by asking them to look at an extract that I choose (from the anime BLEACH) and to respond at a questionnaire afterwards.
My problem is that it is difficult for me to find asian people or asian internet pages (in English), where I could post a link to my page where the extract and questionnaire will be put in 1 - 2 weeks.
While browsing through the net, I found your blog, and asked myself if you could and would help me? Do you, by any chance, know any anime sites (in English) where I could post my link? Could I post a link at your site? Or, do you even know any people that could and would share 20 minutes of their time with me and help me? Or, do you wanna try it?;o)

For more information and further questions, I give you my e-mail again : venaris@hotmail.com. Arigatoo gozaimasuu, sayonara

Anonymous said...

Hello again :o)


I am really sorry about this, but I got lost in all my e-mail exchange…I don’t know anymore, who agreed, and who disagreed to put a link of my site on his internet site. So, I said to myself, the easiest way is to start it over again, and ask everyone again, now that the site is ready…;o) Sorry for that “re-questioning”. It won’t happen again.

So, if you still want to help me by putting a link on your website, then you just have to send me a last confirmation.

The site is ready. The address is : www.toba.lu/memoire , in case you want to have a look and maybe even try the questionnaire ;o) That would help me a lot.


The link to put on your side would be:
(...browser refused me to add the link here...)

I ask you aswell “again” if it would be possible to put a little text on your website, to explain what it is about, so that more people will want to try the questionnaire (at least I hope so;o)

If this should not work, or if you need some other information, please don’t hesitate and send me a mail to: venaris@hotmail.com

IMPORTANT : please, leave the name of your website in the mail, that would help me a lot to know where I can put the link (the email often has no indication about the website we are talking about). Domo Arigatoo

Thank you :o) And, sorry again for this.

AK said...

Hey there, sorry to take so long to reply. Yeah, I'd be more than happy to try this out. Where do I start?

price per head bookmaking said...

I think you giving great advice for playwrights staring out.Very nicely described your thoughts here.I like to read more about this.