Powered by FeedBurner

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 30

Temporary Chem teacher, Mr. Cha

Class assignment. Write up a summary about one of your teachers. Let's get into the Teacher's Day festive season.

I chose to write up about Mr. Cha, our temporary Chemistry teacher who had left us one day ago (from this blogging date) for further teacher training. Best of luck in all your endeavours, Mr. Cha.

At first glance, one would be unable to tell he has a job in the teaching career. Dressed in smart casual most of the time (a sleeves-rolled-up polo shirt and pants) and sporting a perpetual 5 o' clock shadow, he comes across as chubby, and round as a beach ball.

Teaching-wise, as I sit at my desk at the back row of the class, I can tell he tries very hard, despite his nervousness. He would brighten up each Chemistry session with a refreshing video or activity before beginning with the actual lesson, which would involve him rattling on about redox reactions and related stuff, frequently filling speech gaps with 'okay's and 'alright's. Nevertheless, he puts in effort, and is always eager as a Easter rabbit everytime he comes to class, and that I appreciate.

Mr. Cha was formerly involved in a Japan-made cleaning agent product (that's a plus point for me, since I love all things Japanese) called Arc-Flash. I did a bit of research about Arc-Flash over the Internet, and when what I found wasn't enough for me to understand, I caught up with him one recess time to ask him about it. He gamely sat me down at a bench and described in great detail all about this UV ray-reactive cleaning agent and how it works to kill bacteria, via molecular means, but not without remembering to thank me for looking up on the product beforehand. Aha, so he recognises my effort. Another point to him.

If somebody told me that teachers and students can never get along, I'd disagree with him hook, line and sinker. Mr. Cha is among the friendliest teachers I have known, who would actively engage in friendly conversations with his students. I get along with him very well, thank you very much.

yep, that's pretty much it. Thanks for reading.

*This post was created on the 29th of August 2006, and finished on the 22nd of September 2006. Damn that's long.*

0 opinions: